Dancing Workout at Home
A Practical Way to Uplift Your Mood and Increase Body Strengths In Pandemic Era
Dancing is an art that is performed determinedly by the selected series of human body parts movement. Dancing is an amusement though it is a whole-body workout. Dancing is a considerable activity for all ages. It has ability levels
that make it a universal desire. It reminds people of all ages that dancing can be fun that you may forget you are exercising. Different types of Dance has always been a part of human culture, habitude, and festivals. Nowadays, most dancing is about competition, entertainment, and self-representation. Dancing is an enjoyable way to be more physically active, lively, and to stay healthy.
TYPES OF DANCING WORKOUT
There are different styles of dancing, each with its attraction. The kind you choose may depend on what is available in your field to fit anyone’s taste and mood. Here are some popular styles of dancing include:
It is performed mostly to traditional and symmetrical music. Ballet dance style focuses on method, workability, and flexibility.
Ballroom dancing involves several partner-dancing styles such as the waltz, swing, foxtrot, rumba, and tango.
Belly dance was starting in the Middle East. The belly dance style is a fun way to exercise.
It is performed mostly to hip-hop music, that urban dance style can involve smashing, popping, blowing, and freestyling.
It is a type of high-energy dance style involving kicks, jumps, bounds, and turns to the beat of the music.
It has become an increasingly popular and affordable form of exercise. It is tactile dancing with a vertical pole that requires muscle strength, power, and upper- and lower body coordination.
Salsa is a type of dance that involves a mixture of Caribbean, Latin American, and African influences, and their domination. This dance performance usually requires a partner and illuminates rhythms and sensuality.
It is also called a folk dance. It is performed in a square pattern where four couples dance and movie around each other, and they change their partners in square form dancing.
The name creates the rhythm sound that is made when the small metal plates on the dancer’s shoes touch the land. It focuses on timing and beats.
If you are new to dance and cannot afford dance class, dance video games and DVDs are also a way to get dancing in the privacy of your own home. You can buy them and can dance at home by turning up the music.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DANCING WORKOUT
Dancing workout combines the benefits of aerobic and weight-bearing exercise. You can select the dance style and that meets your intensity level requirements. Dancing has numerous physical and mental health benefits, including:
- Improve heart health
- Harder muscles
- Safer balance and coordination
- Stronger bones
- Lower possibility of dementia
- Improved memory
- Reduced stress
- Weight management
- Increased aerobic fitness
- Improved mental functioning
- Improved general and psychological wellbeing
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Dancing is an excellent activity if you have medical conditions such as heart disease, high cholesterol, or diabetes.
- Dancing for a longer time is more of a workout for your heart.
COMPARISON BETWEEN EXERCISE AND DANCING WORKOUT
The dancing workout depends on the type of dance you are performing and for how long you are doing it.
For example, ballet and ballroom dancing will give you a moderate workout.
The most extreme and burning types of dance are Jazz, salsa, or aerobic dancing. It will give you a more strenuous workout that is like jogging or swimming laps. You can burn up to 500 calories per hour with these types of dance.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Put on layers of clothing that you can take off as your body warms up.
- Do warm-up activities before you start a dance class.
- Take rest between dance periods.
- Wear well-tailored shoes that are suitable for your style of dance.
- Watch and learn new moves that increase your risk of injury, especially if you are already tired.
- Do regularly leg-strengthening drills.
- See your doctor for a check-up if you are overweight, over 40 years of age, and unfit.
- Do not dance If you have an injury.
- Dancing is a fantastic way to keep fit during pregnancy, especially if you were a dancer before getting pregnant.
- If you have a medical condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure, take notice that how did you feel before, during, and after the dancing workout.
- If you are not feeling right and it takes time to get back to normal check with your doctor.
- Cool down after a dance session and take a rest.
Dancing is an exceptional method that improves physical fitness and develops social skills. It improves Mental Health, and it is something that can be taken up early in life and still provide plenty of entertainment well after
retirement. The qualities and benefits proposed by dancing depend on the form involved but as a rule, it improves physical health by developing potency, agility, coordination, and stability in varying amounts. We can learn different types of dance and do it as an exercise for a healthy life.