“The key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind”, is a well-known saying. Peaceable mental health is coupled with mental and psychological comfort.
The World Health Organization defines mental health as:
“A state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her potential can cope with the normal stresses of life can work productively and fruitfully, and can contribute to her or his community”
Good mental health maintains our emotive, psychosomatic, and communal well-being. It controls and helps in ascertain how we sense, feel, behave, and handling anxiety. Mental Health awareness is significant at every phase of life, from infancy and puberty throughout adulthood.
Factors affecting Mental Health:
Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
• Biological factors, such as genetic factor or understanding chemistry
• Life practices, such as distress or maltreatment
• Family record of mental health complications
Mental health complications may cause anxiety, depression, mood swings, and behavioral problems.
Ways to improve Mental Health:
Mental health problems are common but cure is available. People with mental health problems can get healthier and enjoy their lives peacefully.
• Indulge yourself in some relaxing activities (watching movies, listening to music, gardening, playing, etc.)
• spend quality time with your family
• Do some valuable and meaningful job or activity which can provide a sense of idea
• Learn new skills such as painting, singing, knitting which can provide a sense of joy and triumph
• finding a hobby (such as reading, writing, gardening, playing sport, cooking, or arts and craft)
• Try yoga and go for walk daily
• Go swimming that will relax your body
• eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly
• spend your spare time in the garden by sitting with your family friends
• Go shopping and traveling that will fresh your mind
• Get enough sleep that will make you healthy
• Learn to predict problems before they arise, find someone who will help you in your trouble, it will reduce your stress.
Diet for Mental Health Wellness:
• Eat a healthy and balanced diet, as it will make you feel soother
• Do not skip your meal
• Eat regular meals as it will give you energy and regulate your body functions and controls your blood sugar level
• Eat an ample amount of fruit and vegetables daily, it will make you healthy
• Reduce sugar
• Avoid Alcohol and drugs that may cause mental health syndrome
How can we boost our Mental Health?
Regular exercise makes you feel good and active. Regular exercise can boost your self-confidence and helps you strengthen and makes healthier. Exercise keeps our mind and body healthy.
Set and achieve goals that will help you to manage time, give the right sense, and understands the true meaning of life. Your goals should be related to:
• eating healthy
• joining in on social activities
World Health Organization works to improve the mental health awareness of individuals and society at large. It includes the advancement of mental well-being, the prevention of mental illnesses, the defense of human rights, and the treatment of people influenced by mental syndromes.